Friday 23 May 2008

Some pictures I took

A non-grumpy post! I've enjoyed photography since I was about 12 and managed to get my hands on a Pentax when I was 16. Lasted me until I was 40! It's all digital now, of course. I use a Canon EOS 350D. These are some of my pictures, taken around the Dordogne where I live (if you click them you get an enlarged view, I think)



A spring flower of some description, Dear God, my ignorance!




I'm not sure what this is, some kind of thistle I guess



Min, when she was younger



This leads down to a water source under our house



And this is the water source - the steps date to 12th c, but the source is likely to be prehistoric



Sunset over our place




The dogs are good with our chickens. Wonder how that works?



Visitor no. 1




Recent visitor no. 2. Looks like a weasel I think. One of the cats "treed" him




One of our mares having a roll


Cupidon stopping Min in her tracks using the little known foot-in-the-face trick



But her revenge was terrible


Another lovely something

4 comments:

Baino said...

Returning the favour.Ignorant Aussie visits France. Totally confused by the other blog but absolutely enamoured with the rural pics . .I may come back . . ,may ask for explanations on theoloy and psychiatry in plan English . .we Aussies are a dim lot. Thanks for popping by.

John said...

Ah, but part of your low cunning is to have us think you dim ...

The theology just an experiment, no need to dig too deep!

Glad you liked the pix.

mouse (aka kimy) said...

that sunset moon shot is terrific!

John said...

mouse - thanks, I consider that a compliment, indeed, since your own photographs are v superior.